Top 5 Reasons To Hire Me:
- With English as my native language and experience writing AP style, clarity is a given in my work.
- As a Freelancer I have the time to devote to your projects, giving you all the attention you deserve.
- I have a Bona-fide M.S.ed in Counselor Education from, you guessed it, Saint Bonaventure University.
- My nearly 10 years of experience in the land of non-profit organizations and schools has given me the tools to work independently, frugally, and with a cast of characters covering all ages.
- Eternal optimism is my biggest weakness.
My name is Michele Meleen and I am a Freelance Writer specializing in web content, blogging, and ghostwriting. Over the past year I have been published both in print and online with topics ranging from car safety to home decor. With an M.S.ed in School Counseling, it should come as no surprise that I am in the business of helping people. My style is best described as clear, concise, and relatable.
After graduating High School in the top tier of my class, I attended Jamestown Community college where I earned an A.A.S. in Social Sciences. During these early college years I worked in the restaurant and retail industries.
From there I attended Saint Bonaventure University, earning both a B.S. in Psychology and an M.S.ed in School Counseling. Consistent with my educational training, I worked in a group home for adolescents with mental health diagnoses while earning these degrees. In congruence with my degree requirements, I served as an intern in a local hospital’s Behavioral Health Unit and in two local schools with students of all ages.
Following my graduate school completion, I was hired as an Integration Assistant at Heritage Centers, a non-profit agency school serving students with disabilities and severe medical conditions. From there, I became the Advantage After School Program Coordinator for the YWCA of Westfield where I helped build the program for over 75 students per day ranging in age from elementary through high school. In this position I also coordinated the Girls Summer Program and weekly Youth Center.
After three years at the YWCA I made the difficult decision to become a play-at-home mom. I am currently reprising my role at the YWCA of Westfield on a part-time basis, Freelancing, and navigating life with my 4-year-old.
I am currently the proud play-at-home mom to a little boy, Odin, whose personality is as big as his name. I have an insatiable hunger for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and reality t.v. When I’m not play-fighting or exploring the world with my preschooler I enjoy girls’ night outs (as long as they include wine), camping, reading, board/card games, and watching movies with my husband.
Some of my favorite books include: My Side of the Mountain, the Harry Potter series, the Wheel of Time series, Watership Down, The Borrowers, Change or Die, A Child Called ‘It’ series, and Where the Heart Is. In the world of children’s books, which currently makes up all of my reading list, I love: The Pokey Little Puppy, The Day the Crayons Quit, SkippyJon Jones books, and anything by Sandra Boynton. Aside from being a doting mom and writer, I am also an aspiring children’s author and active member of two writers’ groups.
- Contributing Writer for LoveToKnow.com
- Freelance Blogger for Imperial Textile (Buffalo, NY)
- Monthly contributor to PG: Parental Guidance Magazine (Jamestown, NY)
- Kids Corner contributor for the Patterson Library Newsletter (Westfield, NY)
- One and a half years as ghostwriter for various web content
Connect with Me:
On google + at google.com/+MicheleMeleen
On Linkedin at www.linkedin.com/in/michelemeleen
Via email: michelemeleen(at)gmail(dot) com